Piercing care is no big science. But it is necessary to do it really regularly and to not stop after just a few days. Just the fact you’re „healing well“ or that it is your fifth piercing doesn’t mean you can forgo fresh care. Plus, you don’t need any creams or dusting powders. For the care of piercings, we recommend products specifically designed for this. These can be purchased in our studio. A possible alternative is to use weak saline.
How to take care of new piercing
- Our piercer will always explain you personally about the piercings care and the use of aftercare products. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask us, we are here for you.
- For the care of piercings, we recommend products designed for this. These can be purchased in our studio. A possible alternative is to use weak saline.
- For about the first 2-3 weeks (depending on the type of piercing), clean the piercing twice a day.
- After 3 weeks until complete healing, it is usually sufficient to clean the piercing once a day.
- Yellow scabs will form around the puncture site. It is a tissue fluid that is a sign of healing. Do not tear the scabs, it is better to soak them carefully with the help of aftercare product.
- Do not touch the jewelry with dirty hands. Do not move the jewelry around in the puncture site
- If you want to touch the piercing, wash and disinfect your hands first.
- Be careful with the piercing; beware of accidents (dressing, towel) and unwanted pressure (headphones, sleep).
- After 2-5 weeks (our piercer will specify according to the type of piercing), make an appointment to check and possibly shorten the jewelry.
How to prepare saline: Mix a small pinch of table or sea salt into a clean large shot glass full of lukewarm water (0.5 dl). This solution is a reliable and at the same time non-aggressive piercing care product, it is perfect. However, for longer healing piercings, you should rather buy a suitable product from our piercer.
HOW LONG IS A HEALING PROCESS AND HOW TO TAKE CARE OF DIFFERENT KINDS OF PIERCING
How long does the piercing heal and how to take care of it properly